If you own a personal computer or laptop, you’ve been prompted to download and install the newest Windows operating system. Windows 11. The latest version has a plethora of brand-new features. These include games, an improved layout, and easy shortcuts. It’s an essential game-changer for many players.
How come you didn’t get the message? That doesn’t mean your system isn’t eligible to receive the upgrade. This guide will show you how to install the most recent version of Windows using a USB drive.
How to Create a Bootable Windows USB Drive Using the Media Creation Tool
If you want to use Media Creation Tool to create the bootable USB installation drive to run Windows 11, you’ll need to follow these steps.
Start on to your Windows 11 download page and hit”download now” in the “Download Now” button in the section to create Windows 11 Installation Media section.
Download the Media Creation Tool
Allow the download to complete, then launch the MediaCreationToolW11.exe file from your downloads folder.
Run the Win11 creator tool.
It’s time to follow a few easy instructions that appear on your screen.
Then, you must click “Accept” when the EULA is displayed and select your preferred language. You can alter the language at any time.
If you want to alter any of the suggested configurations for installation, uncheck the Choose the recommended settings for this computer checkbox, then click Next.
- Select the language in the 11th window.
- Select “USB Flash Drive” at the next screen, and select Next.
Select USB Flash Drive
Choosing the USB drive you want to make the bootable device is necessary. For this, click your drive from the Select a USB flash drive display and then click Next.
If you can’t find the proper drive, be sure it’s connected, and then click “Refresh Drive List.” Each campaign you pick will be formatted. So ensure you back the files before you start.
It is expected that the Windows 11 installation files will download. Wait for the process to be completed. The time required will differ depending on your speed on the internet connection.
Once the download is complete, the wizard will start building the Windows 11 bootable USB drive.
Once it’s finished when it’s done, you’ll receive the “Your USB flash drive is ready” message. You can click Finish to close the procedure.
Clicking the drive’s name and the movement will be displayed within File Explorer—the install files in the image below.
The benefits of the installation of Windows using a USB bootable USB
- There are many scenarios when you require reinstallation of your operating system or even get a completely new one. For example, you’d need to reinstall Windows if you encountered a severe error, your hard drive became damaged or corrupted, or you’re upgrading/downgrading your system.
- If you plan to install or reinstall the Windows operating system to your personal computer, it is essential to download the installation software you require before doing so. It will enable you to begin the installation process and boot the OS.TIP: Make an installation media with your device before installing the system. If that’s not feasible, you can try using another device close to you or get anyone you trust to assist you.
- Since DVDs and CDs are becoming less usable, laptops and computers need drives to read and write disks on physical media. This means it’s only possible to make or run an installation media with it being in a USB drive that can boot. USB drive. Although this might initially sound unpractical, USB sticks have a significant benefit over disks.
- USBs are highly accessible because nearly every computer has a USB port to connect to other devices. It’s the most straightforward method to install the operating system. Today, it is possible to create a bootable USB for installing different variations of Windows.
How do you create a Windows bootable USB using the media creation tool?
Before installing Windows using a USB drive, you must prepare the installation media. Your computer will recognize this after it is connected to the USB flash drive has been secured, which will allow it to boot via USB. Here are the steps needed to make the bootable USB flash drive with Microsoft’s Media Creation Tool issued by Microsoft.
- Download the correct Installation media via Microsoft:
- Follow the instructions to download the Windows version you’d like to download. Specific versions need you to supply the Windows product key to prove the eligibility for downloading disc images.
- Save the Media Creation Tool on your computer. Open the file and select Accept when asked to accept the software licensing terms after completing the download.
- Select Make an installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) for a different PC, then click Next.
- Follow any instructions on the screen to select your preferred language, Windows edition, and System Architecture. If you need more time, look it up. Use the suggested options on this computer before proceeding.
Choose the language, structure, and edition.
- Choose your USB flash drive, then select the USB from the selection. After that, the Windows install files will download onto the USB drive.
- Note that downloading may be lengthy, dependent on the speed of the speed of your connection. Make sure you keep the download process intact before you have a bootable USB drive has been created.
How do you boot using USB? Modify the boot order of your computer.
When you have created an installation media, you need to be able to boot using USB. This is necessary for installing Windows using USB bootable USB.
It’s simple: you have to alter the boot order of your computer. Doing this lets you place your USB drive on the top of the boot priority list. That means your computer can read the drive’s contents first. It will then prompt your PC to load the installation media rather than the system.
Change the boot sequence in your computer’s BIOS to boot using USB. When you’ve finished this in the following boot sequence, your computer will boot immediately using USB, and then use the installation media you have created and begin your Windows install process.
Multiple Ways to Create a Windows 11 Bootable USB Drive
Microsoft allows users to create installation media easily through its Media Creation Tool. But, if you’ve got a Windows 11 ISO image ready and want to use it, try Rufus and its Command Prompt to create a Windows 11 bootable USB drive swiftly. The same procedure can be used to install clean Windows 11 onto a new PC, troubleshoot issues with your Windows PC, or even Dual boot Windows 10 alongside Windows 11.
Windows 11 installation and operation can be completed quickly with an external drive, such as an external USB drive. The tried and tested techniques described in this guide can be used to create a Windows 11 bootable USB drive. I suggest downloading the EaseUS OS2Go application to take advantage of the other advantages included in this tool.