Do your daily tasks by using your voice. Use Siri to translate a word or create an alarm, locate an address, provide information on conditions, weather reports, and much more. Find out more about the features Siri can do on the iPhone.
If your device supports it, your voice input is processed by iPhone, and the transcripts of your voice input are transmitted to Apple to help improve Siri. The data is not linked to your Apple ID and will only be retained briefly. You may also choose to enhance Siri or Dictation. If you choose to opt-in, your audio recordings of your conversations using Siri, Dictation, and Translate will be shared with Apple to assist in helping to improve and develop Siri, Dictation, and other language processing tools like Translate and Voice Control.
In some cases, iPhone must be connected to the internet. Charges for cell phones may apply.
How to Enable Siri on iPhone 12 ?
Before you can take advantage of the features released by Siri on iOS 14, you must make sure that Siri is for iPhone 12. iPhone 12.
- Open Settings.
- Select Siri & Search.
- Then, on the Siri & Search page,
Ensure that the following three options are enabled.
Siri & Search Page Make sure that you have the following options activated:
- Pay attention to “Hey Siri” This allows you to say the wake-up word “Hey Siri” to start a conversation with Siri, the voice assistant.
- Press Side Button to Wake Siri. It allows users to wake Siri by pressing it long located on the right-hand edge of the handset.
- Allow Siri when locked. You can access Siri without having to unlock your phone.
How Do I Activate Siri Using Buttons?
With the ability to connect to all of the apps that are built-in to the iPhone, Siri will be beneficial in sending text messages through Messages, calling contacts in your contacts, determining the most efficient route on Maps as well as adding appointments and meetings to your Calendar as well as translating texts and many more. It is necessary to understand how to utilize Siri with the iPhone 12.
While it was created as an assistant to speak, Siri can be used without speaking. This is how you can activate Siri for the iPhone 12 without Hey Siri:
- If you have an iPhone with the Home button: Press and hold the Home button
- Press and hold the phone’s side button on an iPhone with Face ID.
- Press and hold the center or call button and activate the Siri.
You Can Activate Siri Using Your Voice.
- If you enable Siri by speaking, Siri responds out loud.
- “Hey Siri,” then ask an inquiry or request.
- For instance, you could use phrases like “Hey Siri, what’s the current weather?” or “Hey Siri, set the alarm to 8 a.m.”
- To ask a second question or make a new request To ask a question or make a request, repeat “Hey Siri” repeatedly or hit the button to listen.
To stop your iPhone from responding “Hey Siri,” put your iPhone on its side and go into Settings > Siri & Search and turn off the option to “Hey Siri.”
You can also shout “Hey Siri” to activate Siri while wearing the supported AirPods.
Change The Way Siri Is Heard.
- From the home screen, choose the Settings app, scroll down, and select Siri and Search.
- Select Siri Voice.
- The genders of the voice available are different for each country and region.
- To switch the Language, choose the Language on the Siri & Search screen.
Take note that your iOS device initially uses Siri’s compact voice. The device will update and download a more natural voice once you connect to the internet and power.
How Do You Use Siri on The iPhone 12 in Your Car?
You can safely use Siri inside your vehicle using either one or the other of these methods.
Siri Eyes-Free is a feature that can be utilized in vehicles equipped with suitable Bluetooth audio players. It is typically activated simply by pressing and holding the button for voice commands on the steering wheel. You must utilize Siri sound alone since there isn’t any visual information to view.
Apple CarPlay could also allow you to connect with Siri. However, you won’t be able to access your infotainment display. When your Apple CarPlay device is connected to your car, you can use the voice control on your steering wheel or go to your CarPlay Home Screen and press the Home button until Siri appears.
Correct any mistakes If Siri doesn’t understand your needs.
Rephrase your message: Press the Listen button and repeat your request differently.
Write out a portion of your request by tapping the Listen button, then repeat your request, spell-checking any word Siri could not comprehend. For instance, you could use the phrase “Call” and then spell the person’s name.
Edit a message before sending it to someone else: “Change the message.”
Edit your request using text. If you can see your request on the screen, you can modify it. Tap the request and utilize the keyboard on the screen.