Simple adjustments to the audio settings within the menu of sound may be the solution to your Sony TV sound not working If not, a hard system reset is the best option.
However, if you’re having difficulty identifying the problem with the audio quality in the Sony TV, we have developed this complete guide to help you find the root of the issue.
By following these five simple fixes, you’ll soon be watching your favorite shows with the sound that is fully brought back to the speaker of the Sony Smart TV.
How do you get sound on your TV back?
If you’re experiencing no sound from the Sony Bravia TV, and you are wondering, ‘How can I get rid of the sound from my TV with LED’ here are five easy solutions you can apply to restore your Sony to offer you the Acoustic Surface Audio features.
- Make sure you increase the volume on the TV or your gadget for entertainment (streaming player or Blu-ray player, cable or satellite box, etc. ).
- Make sure you have the correct setting for audio on the television and connected devices.
- Switch off and disconnect your TV and any connected devices.
- Check the TV cables and ports, and then verify the cables and ports on your devices, too. Are they connected properly and securely? Do you see debris or dust inside the ports? If yes, there could be a problem with the HDMI sound not working properly on the TV.
- Change the media device to get another one, or switch the output of the TV’s speakers to the internal speakers to determine what happens.
- If the issue is with any of your devices Check the settings for audio. Switch it off, then unplug it for a minimum of 10 minutes. Repeat steps 4 and 5 with this device, connect it to the power outlet, and turn it back on. Install any updates to the available software. If you’re still not hearing the audio, connect the device to a different television or reset it to factory settings.
- Install and test any updates to the software for your TV. Then, retest the sound.
- Reset the TV to factory settings.
Check for updates to the software
The sound quality from your Bravia might be failing because the TV is trying to run on obsolete software.
When you are checking for an update to your software do not disconnect your TV.
Step 1. Go into ‘Settings’
Step 2. Click on ‘Customer Support’, ‘Setup’, or ‘Product Support’
Step 3. Choose ‘Software Update’
Step 4. Press ‘Network’
You’ll now be able to verify a software update is in place if it’s available.
Verify the connection of cables
If you own a DVD player attached to a cable or other connection to the Sony Bravia, make sure you have them all connected securely.
Check for dirt or dust within the ports. If you find any, wash the ports off using a clean cloth.
Reset sound and audio settings on Sony TV
Another option to resolve problems with sound on the sound system on your Sony TV is to reset the sound/audio settings entirely.
For example, if are using a Sony Bravia Smart TV, select Menu on the remote. Scroll down to Settings followed by Preferences.
Go to Sound after which select Reset. Press OK.
The reset will set your Sony TV sound settings back to the factory settings.
If none of this worked you should reset the settings on your TV back to the factory setting…
Power reset TV
Your Sony Bravia may just be required to reset its software. the software.
Step 1. Turn off your TV.
Step 2. Disconnect your Sony and then wait for at least a couple of minutes
Step 3. Connect your XR back to your computer.
Switch your TV back and turn it on. Check to see if the sound is playing.
Why did the Sound on my Sony TV Stop Working?
There are a variety of causes for this to be occurring and it may need some tweaking to determine the cause. The positive is that the majority time, your TV itself is operating perfectly and is probably not a problem with your setting or issue with the other gadgets. There’s a possibility that the TV is not working properly, but it’s not likely.
If you’ve tried these steps and your sound isn’t working, a phone call to a technical support firm could be in order. The only way to determine if your TV has the cause of the issue is to try different devices for sound and your TV. If you don’t hear a sound from one of them, it is a sure sign that something is wrong with your TV.
After doing my homework, I did my best to give you details on the reason you’re Sony TV has no sound and how to correct it. Please let us know via the comments if you encounter any other issues. It is also possible to let us know about your experience. Be happy and well. We will see you in a future article.